We all need to pay bills. Suppose you use 10 utilities (rent, electricity, Wi-Fi etc.). And you need to pay bill for that. And now you want to know how much did you spend on that per month. Here excel will save your time. You don’t need to input the numbers 10 times in a calculator. You can use spreadsheets to get it done quickly!
The Excel SUM function returns the sum of values supplied as multiple arguments. SUM can handle up to 255 individual arguments, which can include numbers, cell references, ranges, arrays, and constants.
=SUM (number1, [number2], [number3], …)
- number1– The first item to sum.
- number2 – [optional] The second item to sum.
- number3– [optional] The third item to sum.
- Select the numbers you want to add. You can do it individually by clicking each cell or drag them with mouse from top to bottom (shown in this pic).
- Hit Enter and you will see the sum.
The keyboard shortcut for sum is (Alt) + (=)
There are also other powerful Excel functions, including MS Excel LookUp function.
You can get all the 50 most powerful MS Excel functions. Click the link below:
However, firstly you have to install MS Office programs, which includes MS Excel. Please click the link below to get the software.